Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Life As I Know It.



Do you know when you get the urge to do something spectacular with your life?! Something that's gonna make you so happy, even when you're not quite sure what it is.
Well, today I had that feeling. That feeling to get out of my house and out in the world. I'm not sure what it means at the moment, but I'm going to start doing more of what I love and start working on a photography portfolio and traveling. Of course this means I will need more money which also means I need another job, but, I know this is what I want to do more then anything in the world right now and I have never been so sure on something in my entire life.
I heard a really great quote today that made me think (hey maybe that's why I got the urge to start doing something with my life). It stated....


"Take action or you'll miss your moment!"



I am not the typical person who usually gets feelings about something she reads or hears, but, for this strange reason this quote really hit me and hit me hard.
I want to do something with my life. I want to get out there and show people what I'm really capable of doing. I want people to know I'm not wasting my life away living at my mom's house still and hardly working (it's gonna change).
I have goals. I want to be known. I want to do something I love. I want to make tons of money and not have to worry about the small stuff. I want to eventually have a family, but be able to help support them and that wont happen without the one before. HA! I just know it needs to be done and soon. Life is short and time is going by way to quickly for my taste and I thought I was making the most out of it by hanging out and doing EVERYTHING I possibly could in a 24 hour period, but it's not all about the parties or what's playing in the movies this month, it's about being productive and having the best life you could possibly have.
Which, I am not saying my life so far hasn't been everything I have ever dreamed of. I'm just saying having a career, having money, having family and friends that stand by you in everything you do, and just knowing that you have a future and its going to be great no matter what, makes me happier then anything I could purchase at the mall or any must go to party of the year.



Tomorrow, I will start a new day and a new Ashley. I couldn't be happier...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ash that was amazing. i am proud girl. you are growing up!!

haha just kidding, but really. it is good to have the desire to do all those things because then you actually will.

i thought it was interesting how you wrote life is too short and stuff. and it's true. time flies by and it's so crazy! if i could tell you one thing i would say do it, follow your heart, make the move, do whatever it takes to be happy and do what you want to do. that's the most important thing! :)

i love you and am by your side the entire way! love you sis!!!

bb,tonya and cam... said...

oh ash...you are growing up! lol jk that's awesome my dear! I hope you find everything you ever wanted out of this life...if you ever need help with anything just let me know!! :)

bb,tonya and cam... said...

have you checked out the art institute of salt lake city? i think you should....im not sure what they have as far as photography but i bet they have something...its in draper...so not too bad pretty centralized as far as the valley goes. plus places are cheap there right now.